Who is Marion Langford?
To begin with…
Each painting has a story and this one began with… “I could never do anything like that.” We don’t remember days but we do remember moments, and I remember this one vividly as it clarified my call to coaching. I knew in that moment that I wanted to work with others to free them of their limiting beliefs so that they could pursue their passions.
A friend visiting our home asked who this painting was by. When I said I had painted it, she went quiet, and had tears in her eyes… they were her words. For many years I had held that same, self-fulfilling belief until I was motivated to change and create a new belief for myself.
I have a number of passions: one, my passion for painting and another, my passion for coaching others to assist them in pursuing their passions! Both my coaching and painting inform each other and my work (and life) is richer for the combination. Wherever possible I look to work creatively with individuals in exploring their career possibilities.
So who is Marion Langford? My background is:
- An enthusiastic, personal coach and facilitator with the ability to inspire and assist others to achieve their goals.
- A specialist Career Transition Coach with over 14 years experience working with individuals in career transition from all levels of organisations both in the public and private sectors and across industries from banking and finance, FMCG, pharmaceutical, aviation, shipping, IT, member services and more. This experience covers all aspects related to career transition from dealing with what has happened, through to exploring career options all the way through to resume preparation, LinkedIn, networking, interview skills etc. For the main this work has been with Audrey Page & Associates.
- In 2002 undertook the Buzan Licensed Instructor Course in Mind Mapping® and since have been regularly teaching Mind Mapping to groups (upto 18 participants) in the corporate sector and privately to individuals. I have developed a uniquely tailored workshop around Mind Mapping your Way to Career Transition Success and share how this versatile tool can assist in this timeframe and beyond, for example it is particularly helpful in interview preparation.
- Over 14 years experience as a generalist HR Practitioner working in a global corporate environment including Human Resources and Counselling, for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- I run workshops in Resilience Building using a process I have put together that enables individuals to “Work through their Feelings”, when they are feeling overwhelmed, have strong/mixed feelings or feel stuck. Drawing on both my coaching and counselling skills, this process empowers individuals with a tool they can use in all areas of their life when they are facing challenges and it helps to clarify their next steps forward.
- Since 2014 I have been running a tailored workshop for RUOK Day based on my Resilience Building workshop.
- An Accredited Practitioner in MBTI® Personality Type.
- An Instructor of Effective Communications including Family Communications, encompassing practical and transferable skills which are also invaluable in the corporate world. These skills include identifying problem ownership, active listening, conflict resolution and a win/win approach to problem-solving.
- A professional artist particularly interested in portraiture. My artwork can be viewed at my artist website.
Other qualifications include:
- Diploma in Transformational Life Coaching, Nature Care College
- Certificate in Counselling, Nature Care College
- Grad. Certificate in Counselling, Institute Of Counselling
- Grad. Dip. Employment Relations, UTS
- B.Bus. Degree, RMIT
If you are unsure what you would like to do with your career or your life, which career path to follow, or maybe you know but find yourself held back by your beliefs, then ring me and let’s see what we can do about getting you clear and connected to your passion.
Exploring career possibilities, mind mapping the options, gaining clarity in your direction and establishing a path to get there are all areas of my particular expertise. Other aspects like resume writing, interview skills and networking skills are part of the “how” that I can assist you with in getting you on your path.
To find out more and discuss your needs, contact me. I will look forward to hearing from you.
“To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end in life” – Robert Louis Stevenson.